I have done it, I ordered my kit. The kit I ordered is from http://brooklynbrewshop.com/ and it is an all grain brew. My kit should be here by the end of this week or early next week. Turn out that it takes about 3 weeks to be able to taste your creating and I really want to be able to do just that by the end of the class.
Also, I am part way through The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charles Papazian, a great book into the history and making of home brews. I will be getting my second book by Brooklyn Brew Shop, the book is about brewing in small batches, one gallon at a time.
I am excited to see where all this leads. In addition, I went to my local wine maker shop, and as it turns out, they are stocked with beer making supplies. This is very exciting because I might not need to travel further than four blocks to get my supplies once I get going.
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing wants beginning brewers to start with a beer made just from just the malt extract, but I am going to start with a full-grain beer. It seems like this will still work just fine because the supplier does a great job of providing interactions and pre-measured ingredients.
No comments:
Post a Comment