A couple of my podcast have been talking about the Mr. Beer kit so I looked it up. It looks very simple, too simple. With most kits you are not even dealing with actual grain or hops. I am not sure about this, but I like the fact that you brew 2 gallon batches instead of 5 gallons, which tends to be a normal amount. As for the whole kit, it comes with a plastic fermenter, the recipe, and plastic bottles. The plastic is a killer for me. I don’t even think I can drink beer from a plastic bottle and feel ok about it.
Here is a link to a video that show you how it work.
After watching the video, I have been thinking about just getting the recipe at Amazon. Here is a link to that.
This one is for an Oatmeal Stout, one of my favorite kind of beers.
Even though I am against this kit, it still seems like a good starting point. Just to check it out. This, by no means, is my end goal and I would not consider this my first brew, just my first experiment.
I think I have most of the equipment from making hard cider and from a brew kit I got for Christmas a few years ago. It’s a 5 gallon kit, so I will have to put some things together, but from the looks of the video I think I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment